Plumborough Pennsylvania History
Although this structure no longer exists, it lives on as a reminder of a people who have long remained on earth, a marker that recalls its importance to western Pennsylvania. The noise is easy to spot as you wind through the woods on your way to Plumborough, Pennsylvania, north of the Allegheny River.
The Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation considers it one of the oldest buildings in western Pennsylvania. The Company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and maintains its library and offices in the Pennsylvania Department of Carnegie Library. The Pittsburgh History & Landmark Foundation and the Pennsylvania Historical Society consider it a significant monument in Allegheny County.
It offers an outstanding collection of manuscripts, known for its collection of more than 2,000 manuscripts, and has one of the largest printed manuscript collections in the United States. The WPGS Library collection is complemented and expanded by the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Library and Archives. It has a large print collection and houses the Pennsylvania History & Landmarks Foundation's Pennsylvania History and Landmark Library.
The Allegheny County website describes the county's history and its history as a county in the United States and lists the documents filed with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.
The page lists the names, addresses and addresses of the county's citizens, as well as a list of escaped inmates. A newspaper index from 1786 mentions the marriage and contains the name and address of one of Allegheny County's first residents, William H. Davenport Jr.
The 1786 newspaper index lists the address of William H. Davenport Jr., Mary Ann, and her son William Jr.
When Cumberland was founded in 1750, it covered the southern half of Allegheny County, but was not incorporated into the county until 1785. When Washington County was founded in 1781, part of it became part of Washington County, while the rest remained part of Westmoreland County. This seems to have continued until 1927, when the city of Pittsburgh tried to enforce annexation and incorporate the newly formed Davenport County into the Washington County. The northern half, Alleghenies, became part of the depreciation lands only in the 18th century, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Natural Resources.
The petition went to the courts and on November 9, 1892, seven businessmen and a judge met and signed the founding charter. The Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity in Pittsburgh owned the land in what became Penn Hills, as well as most of Davenport County.
The Monongahela River had to be crossed twice at Duquesne, and the crossing was made west of the mouth of Turtle Creek. Braddock Road allowed a stream to cross, which is right next to the road, but the boundary was watered down and irrigated.
There are four fire departments in the four Plum Boroughs in Allegheny County, all located on the west side of the Monongahela River, about a mile north of downtown Pittsburgh. Plum Township was founded in 1855 and originally covered the east and west sides of the Braddock Hills and north and south of Duquesne University. Wilkinsburg, which also borders the old boroughs, is to the east, while the Paddock Hills stretch over 2.1 square miles. The town of Plum, commonly referred to as the East Hills suburb, was located at the northwest corner of North Main Street and North Washington Street, just east of Interstate 80.
When the commune of Plum was granted the status of a municipality on 2 March 1956, population development began to change from a predominantly agricultural town to a suburban residential community. Some neighborhoods started out as villages, while others were planned for development in the 1950s and 1960s. Plum Borough was founded in 1788 as Plum Township and is one of the oldest boroughs in Allegheny County and the second oldest in Pennsylvania. In order to stand out from its former status as a township, the locals called it "plum" in the first years of its existence.
When Caldwell died, more mills were built and the area was referred to by locals as "Milltown." Allegheny County was founded in 1788 and divided into two separate counties, Plum Township and Plum County, and then into Plum Borough and Monongahela County.
Virginia and Pennsylvania fought over Allegheny County until the Mason-Dixon line was completed in the 1780s. When Bedford County was founded in 1771 from Cumberland County, it covered the southern half of Alleghenies County, and when Westmoreland founded Bedford County in 1773, it included it, but when it founded Cumberlands County in 1771, it did not include it. Its boundaries appear to have been established only after parts were established to form the boundaries of the new state of Pennsylvania and the US District Court of Appeals.
The area, now called Penn Hills, was part of the Pitt community until 1788, when Allegheny County was founded. Milltown, located in the western half of the county, about half a mile south of Penn's Hills, was founded when Robert Caldwell bought land and ran a barbecue mill there in the mid-19th century.